SPMB is the most successful technology executive search firm on the West Coast, and one of the top three independent firms in the U.S. We’ve been named the #1 Search Firm by the Silicon Valley Business Journal for 4 years in a row.
Our firm is based in the Presidio of San Francisco, the beating heart of global innovation. 65 people strong, we specialize in recruiting Board and executive level teams for innovators across a number of categories including Business-to-Business (SaaS, cloud, infrastructure, security), Business-to-Consumer (consumer technology, digital media, CPG/retail) as well as health-related technologies and new industrials/sustainability.
Our clients range from fast growing Venture Capital-backed disruptors, to multi-billion dollar public companies such as Amazon and Comcast. What they all have in common is that they are passionate about acquiring amazing people who drive innovation and success... And we’re passionate about helping them!
The SPMB team includes athletes, musicians, coaches, world travelers, parents, and community leaders. We work intensely. We play passionately. We deliver results. We spend our workdays figuring out how to shine a light on our clients. We spend our off-hours looking for adventure
The SPMB Analyst role is an incredibly important position within the firm, and helps to guide the entire search process by developing and executing on a search strategy that will facilitate building a steady pipeline of quality candidates.
- Thought leadership - the ability to think and react quickly while relying on analytical and intuitive skills.
- Creative, inquisitive, and committed to broadening your knowledge base.
- Positive, can-do attitude with creative and collaborative problem solving skills.
- Highly motivated, hard-working, and organized, with the ability to multi-task.
- Time management, pattern recognition, prioritization, and judgment are important skills in this role.
- Shown to consistently perform at high levels.
- Ability to work well under pressure, solve problems and think on your feet.
- Must have a proven ability to manage the strategic and tactical research efforts of search projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a top caliber university - internships are a bonus.
- Drive research efforts to ensure high quality candidate flow.
- Analyze and quickly breakdown new industries, market segments, and competitive landscapes in order to better understand our clients.
- Be able to tell the difference between a top quality candidate and a good quality one - Identify technology executives who have played a critical role in the success of top companies within the ecosystem, and continuously mine the industry/market for additional targets.
- Understand the functional breakdown and roles within the executive structure.
- Think strategically, and speak intelligently in detail about our clients across various industries.
- Act as an ecosystem expert in the markets/verticals researched.
- Develop a research strategy and draft reports including documentation that outlines targeted industries and companies.
- Contribute to overall research strategy and industry knowledge within the firm.
What You Will Gain
- The opportunity to interface with key senior executives, as well as investors from the venture capital, private equity and public company community. This is an amazingly unique opportunity for someone earlier in his or her career. Insight into how successful companies and careers are built.
- In-depth industry knowledge of the markets we cover.Learning directly from high-performing industry experts.
- Insight into how successful companies and careers are built.
- Learning directly from high-performing industry experts.
- The opportunity to work closely with driven and successful executive search veterans.
For more information about Schweichler Price Mullarkey & Barry, visit our website at spmb.com