SPMB is the #1 executive search firm serving the technology market and one of the largest independent retained search firms in the country. In 2021, SPMB was recognized and ranked #5 among “America’s Top 99 Retained Executive Search Firms.” We specialize in recruiting C-Level Executives and Board Members to disruptive, growth-oriented startups as well as Fortune 500 companies in technology, financial, consumer, media, health, and sustainability industries.
We bring the knowledge of a large, global firm and combine it with the personalized service and attention of a boutique to connect top executive talent to the best and fastest growing innovators across the country. Closing hundreds of C-Level searches annually, SPMB has recruited key leaders into companies that have generated over $1 trillion in market value (IPOs/M&As) for our clients.
The SPMB team is made up of open minded, driven, and dedicated individuals. To be a part of the SPMB team you support a “We vs I” mentality and stand behind our 3 cultural values: Work Right, Work Together, and Work Hard.
For more information, visit our website at https://spmb.com/
SPMB is looking for an Analyst who will serve as a key member of the client delivery team by helping to drive and execute the research strategy of the client engagement. Analysts play an important role by driving research projects that build knowledge of executive talent, industries and companies. This role is a unique opportunity to interface with key senior executives as well as investors from the venture capital, private equity and public company community. The successful candidate will gain insight into how successful companies and careers are built, gain in-depth industry knowledge of the markets we cover and learn directly from high-performing industry experts. We seek candidates who are self-starters and take action to solve problems. Someone who takes great pride in their work and demonstrates an ownership mentality. A strong project manager with a laser focus on driving results. A professional who is intellectually curious and demonstrates good team play.
- Develop the research strategy and draft reports including documentation that outlines targeted industries and companies.
- Drive research efforts to ensure high quality candidate flow by identifying top quality executives who have played a role in the success of their companies.
- Analyze new industries, market segments, and competitive landscapes to better understand our clients.
- Understand the functional breakdown and roles within the executive structure.
- Think strategically, and speak intelligently about our clients across various industries.
- Act as a domain expert in the markets/verticals researched.
- Contribute to overall research strategy and industry knowledge within the firm.
- Ensure data capture and quality of candidate, company and search records within SPMB's databases.
- Managed the strategic and tactical research efforts of a complex project.
- Managed multiple projects with competing deadlines and worked with individuals who have differing styles.
- Familiar with business research resources like PitchBook and Crunchbase.
- Bachelor’s degree required; business research internships are a plus.
Critical Capabilities for Success
- Project Management: Plans, manages and drives own efforts when handling multiple projects with competing deadlines. Comfortable and flexible to work with individuals with differing styles
- Collaboration & Influence: Works with and through others to achieve common goals and desired results. Uses language to gather information to facilitate an exchange of ideas.
- Analytical: Synthesizes business research and provides a succinct and accurate point of view. Capable of making inferential leaps in thinking to reach a solution despite incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Communication: Speaks with clarity, precision and purpose to individuals or small groups. Adapts communication style for the audience and situation.
- Initiative & drive
- Ownership mentality
- Team oriented
- Intellectually curious
- Quick learner
- Aligns with the firm’s core values & purpose
For more information about SPMB, visit our website at spmb.com
The pay scale for this role is $60k-$75k.
This does not include a per search performance bonus.