Software Developer - Growth Initiatives for the Soundtrap hub
Soundtrap – Soundtrap /
Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you’ll do
- We’re looking for an experienced web developer to join Soundtrap’s Growth Hacking initiative, focusing on discovering and delivering immediately visible improvements to our platform.
- You’ll be working in a fast-paced startup environment, helping Spotify spearhead our exciting opportunities and taking part in:
- Enabling users to create and share music or podcasts.
- Bringing different creative ideas to life and A/B testing them.
- Implementing experiments across all areas of the product with potential to drive growth of our user base, engagement and revenue.
- Making the user experience as compelling as it can be.
- Shaping the Growth Hacking method at Soundtrap.
- As part of the Growth Hacking initiative, you will have full autonomy over delivery, where you’ll be enabled to take your features from design to production. You will work in a cross-functional team with product owners, designers, data scientists, marketing experts and other developers, where you will have genuine impact on the team’s decisions.
- You will develop using modern technologies, such as Angular 8, Java 11, and GCP/Kubernetes.
Who you are
- You’re an experienced web developer with interest for the backend or for the more user-facing components of a web app. Either way, you’re passionate about the quality of the software you design and deliver.
- You’re relentless in pursuit of growth, curious, creative and not afraid of trying the new and untested. You’re also performance- and results-oriented.
- You have experience working with data- and experiment-driven feature development.
- You’re familiar with: version control (git), REST APIs, SQL, A/B testing frameworks, MVC frameworks, and continuous delivery.
- You have clear understanding of the role of data, analytics, metrics and statistics in building of a successful software product.
- You have experience with growth hacking tools for: A/B testing, CRM, sales, marketing purposes, and automating workflows.
- You’re knowledgeable about referral marketing and creating viral growth.
- Familiarity with modern frontend or backend technologies/frameworks (like Angular 8, Java 11, GCP/Kubernetes, gRPC).
- An interest in music. No need to be Beethoven, but it’s cool if you play an instrument or have experience in recording or creating music using other DAW software (like Ableton or GarageBand).
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.