Senior Detection Engineer
New York, NY
Engineering – Security
Spotify listeners, creators and employees trust us to provide a safe digital platform that protects any sensitive information they share with us. Spotify Security is a distributed team that champions and delivers on initiatives with Spotify’s autonomous teams to ensure that our organization keeps information security appropriately prioritized and that the trust we have with these stakeholders is well-deserved. We focus on raising security awareness, providing security intelligence and building tools to enable these teams to feel a shared sense of responsibility for security and privacy concerns. We aim to constantly improve the security posture of our organization by iterating on our tooling and process.
The Spotify Security team is looking to advance our in-house intrusion detection capabilities. If identifying threats and adversaries using logs and security telemetry excites you, if threat hunting exercises and building alerts to stay ahead of the bad guys gets your heart pumping, if you are up for the challenge to manage security incidents and drive enterprise wide efforts for containment and response, you might want to consider joining us!
What you will do
- You will closely collaborate in a cross-discipline team that builds, iterates upon and maintains a platform to generate alerts from existing application and infrastructure logging pipelines that can handle the scale of millions of users.
- You will provide guidance to development and infrastructure teams on how to ensure their products can be designed to enable anomaly detection.
- You will use Splunk to help manage security detection and response operations while helping build a security data environment for the future using cloud native and open source tools.
- You will deploy, test and tune alerts to increase visibility without growing signal-to-noise ratio of alerts.
- You will consult, evangelize, and teach theoretical and practical security to groups of varying sizes, disciplines, and experience levels.
- You will conduct threat hunts to find anomalies and attack indicators in our security data lake to advance our detection capabilities and identify potential threats to our environment.
- You will help develop our strategy for finding innovative ways to defend our infrastructure, users and employees.
Who you are
- You have industry experience in security operations building detection capabilities and managing security incidents.
- You have built detection capabilities and helped tune the fidelity of alerts to ensure high quality alerting based on potential anomalies and intrusion attempts.
- You have experience with intrusion detection, log analysis, security event management and related tools.
- You have experience building security data analytic and alerting environments leveraging open source tools and big data platforms.
- You have been involved with incident response activities and experience with threat hunting exercises.
- You have experience with cloud environments, preferable Google Cloud Platform.
- You have the coding skill, experience, and engineering mindset for building reliable, maintainable security infrastructure for a high number of users and developers.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.