Engineering Manager for the Soundtrap hub
Soundtrap – Soundtrap
Soundtrap is a collaborative, cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a unit within Spotify; Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using. Does the thought of being the leader of an amazing team that builds an application that enables tens of thousands of artists to build and collaborate during their creative process every day excite you? Excellent, then we would love for you to be our new Engineering Manager for the engineering team that develops the Studio, our main music production product.
As an Engineering Manager at Soundtrap your main responsibility is to support your team by ensuring they are constantly growing as engineers while solving complex technical problems that deliver impact on our products. We also like this to happen while everyone has a fun and joyful time at work! In essence, we are looking for someone that's passionate about developing individuals, facilitating good teamwork and building fantastic products. As a music tech company we value leaders with a solid prior background in software development since we believe this allows you to effectively support and grow your team members in their field.
What you’ll do
- Lead and grow a team of hardworking engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, inspiring, feedback and hands-on personal career development
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address the business needs
- Be the scrum master for the team by facilitation and effective collaboration with your product counterpart, engineers and designers
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize good engineering and organizational practices
- Help ensure that our solutions are scalable, sustainable, architecturally sound and technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid in a reasonable time
- Be an active part of the Soundtrap R&D leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organization
- Be based in Stockholm, but occasionally travel globally
Who you are
- A person that loves leading, develop and grow an engineering team and have previous experience doing so
- Someone that possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into sound technical solutions
- Very knowledgeable and passionate about modern software development
- Prior to starting your technical leadership career you have had extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You enjoy collaborating with product managers and designers to build amazing products
- You understand that every individual has their specific needs and can adapt your leadership style accordingly
- A common theme throughout our teams is a genuine interest in music, so you might play (good or bad!) an instrument, or maybe just love listening to music whenever you get a chance
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.