Staff Data Engineer - Experience
Data and Analytics – Consumer Experience /
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for Staff Engineers to join our Partners and Platforms Experience organization in Stockholm.
You will evolve our offering and our partner integrations by promoting sound engineering practices, driving work on technical strategy, regularly assessing the technical state of our architecture, and giving focused support to specific teams as necessary. You will help ensure that our solutions are scalable, sustainable, reliable, architecturally sound, and that technical debt is both incurred consciously and repaid within a reasonable time. You are also expected to mentor other engineers to support them in their career growth.
What You'll Do
- Be a technical leader and valued contributor in an autonomous, cross-functional agile organization and within Spotify in general.
- Contribute to the vision and long-term strategy in your domain of expertise.
- Architect, develop, and operate APIs and services deployed to millions of users.
- Collaborate with other engineers, engineering managers, product owners, and designers to identify and solve challenging problems, creating awesome audio sessions for users worldwide.
- Be a leader of the Spotify-wide backend and data developer community affecting and driving our architectures across the tribe.
- Take ownership over the external facing data pipelines that are integral to our success.
- Find ways to spread learning and knowledge sharing across the organization, leveling up our engineering practices and mentoring other engineers.
- Work directly with suppliers and partners to influence technical platforms and decisions.
- Initiate, influence and drive technical projects across teams within Spotify.
Who You Are
- You have 8+ years of experience in engineering.
- You have proven experience as a technical leader for a team or department.
- You have extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment.
- You have experience mentoring and supporting peers and engineering teams, fostering best engineering practices.
- You possess a deep understanding of how to translate product and business goals into tech.
- You are passionate about data and focus on building structured, high-quality data solutions
- You are familiar with ETL
- You have relevant experience in creating pipelines for large data setsIn the past, you have solved problems that affect the larger engineering organization.
- You are passionate about developing products for hundreds of millions of consumers and building platforms that are used by hundreds of internal engineers.
- You are passionate about what you do and have a high interest in keeping up with current best practices in your areas of expertise.
- As a great influencer with great communication skills, you love sharing your knowledge with others and helping them grow.
- You possess technical knowledge where you can showcase your expertise by speaking at both internal and external conferences.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.