Summer Internship, Backend Engineering Intern | Financial Engineering Mission (EMEA)
Students – Students /
We are looking for a software engineer to join our Financial Engineering organisation. Our mission is to build the technology platform that underpins our key company decisions, revenue and royalty calculations, financial performance management and our ability to scale out to new markets and products.
What you'll do
- Help build a system to handle and connect to various payment service providers worldwide to reconcile all Spotify payments.
- Work closely with the engineering team to achieve a high level of code quality, performance and reliability.
- Keep code maintainable through extensive documentation and automated tests.
- Describe implementation decisions with peer code reviews and walkthroughs.
- Learn about multiple modern technologies ranging from user facing software to backend infrastructure.
- Partner with your engineering manager, product manager, and technical lead to scope and execute your tasks.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Software Development, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related fields and plan to graduate in 2023 or 2024.
- You are familiar with object-oriented programming, test driven development. Experience coding with Java is a plus!
- You currently have a valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2023
- You are curious and a self-starter who’s looking to make an impact.
- You pride yourself on excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, challenging and team-based environment.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location. Preferably in Stockholm.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is February 13th, 2023 at 12 PM CET.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.