Design Manager, Spotify For Artists
New York, NY /
Design and User Experience – Marketplace /
We’re looking for a Design Manager to lead a growing team of designers and UX writers in developing new features and experiences for artists, managers, and labels within Spotify for Artists. As a Design leader, you’ll guide your team in crafting a design strategy rooted firmly in user insights that paint an exciting vision of the future, and delivering on that vision through effective planning, interaction design, visuals, and prototypes. You’ll also lead cross-functional discovery efforts to explore new opportunities we might pursue to help artists connect with fans and earn a living off their work.
What you'll do
- Lead and shape the future of our stats and insights product area and Spotify for Artists offerings along with your counterparts in Product, Tech, and Product Insights.
- Lead, manage, and grow a diverse and inclusive team of product designers and UX writers (3 direct reports to start), setting focus, strategy, and priorities to help individuals grow in their careers and maximize influence and impact.
- Establish a set of customer-centric best practices for our design team to help them make informed decisions while delivering against our roadmap and business goals.
- Drive high-level platform initiatives forward from a design perspective, collaborating closely with leads across our team and the wider Spotify organization.
- Lead your team in design discovery and experimentation to uncover the biggest and best opportunities for us to research, prototype, and test.
- Set the holistic design vision and actively guide your team through all phases of design development for key projects, from ideation to engineering execution and post-launch success tracking and iteration.
Who you are
- You have experience leading product design teams with a variety of crafts (visual, interaction/IA, writing, research, etc.) at consumer-focused organizations.
- You are a trusted and recognized leader, consistently demonstrating credibility in cross-functional interactions.
- You are a leader with practical design chops. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create awesome, consumer-oriented experiences.
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with business partners.
- You shine most at inspiring others to carry forward and execute a strategy without needing to be in the room.
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through user feedback and data insight. You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You are eager to learn and evolve in all things. From leadership skills to design craft to process to industry and market trends -- you never stop pushing into the next big challenge.
- You are familiar and comfortable working within and contributing to large design systems that you may or may not own directly. Balancing the needs of the larger design ecosystem with the local goals of your product area.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.