Software Engineer - Online music studio
Soundtrap – Soundtrap
Soundtrap is a collaborative, browserand cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using. We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
Do you want to be part of building a platform where creators can collaborate on music and storytelling projects, and where educators can build learning opportunities?As an engineer in the Studio team, you'll be working at the heart of Soundtrap's innovative browser-based DAW. We’re constantly implementing new features and improving the user experience. This is done using state-of-the-art web APIs, such as Web Audio, across all major browsers.
What you'll do
- Implement and take responsibility for features across the stack in the world’s leading browser based DAW, written in Dart.
- You'll be improving our collaborative video chat, writing custom audio effects using WebAssembly in an AudioWorklet, or coming up with a new user interface for making music. The work varies and is always interesting!
- Work in an agile fashion in a startup like environment.
Who you are
- Someone who cares about user experiences and wants to make sure that our users can flex their creative muscles without being held back by the interface.
- You have a good understanding of modern web development and an interest in the latest HTML5 APIs including Web Audio, Web MIDI and WebRTC.
- Having worked on backend systems is a plus, especially Java, since we expect our engineers to be able to implement features throughout the stack. While the main focus is the Studio, we're also responsible for related backend components.
- A common theme throughout our teams is a genuine interest in music, so you might play an instrument, or maybe just love listening to music whenever you get a chance.
- We value people who are flexible and passionate about what they do. Experience in the technologies we use at Soundtrap is a big plus, but if you're a quick learner and love our product as much as we do, feel free to get in touch and tell us why you'd be a good fit!
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.