Engineering Manager - Platform Developer Experience
Engineering – Platform /
Do you love leading teams to accomplish inspiring technical visions? Do you lead through growing teams and developing engineer’s careers? We are looking for an inventive and passionate Engineering Manager to join our Platformization (P4P) team.
Leading this team, you will grow the brand new domain called “Platformization” at Spotify, which aims to support our technical platform owners with expanding their reach and impact of their platforms. You will explore how to make our technical platforms easily discoverable, enable great APIs and documentation, build tooling that supports self-service and enable extensible platform architectures.
This role sits in the Platform Developer Experience team within the Platform mission who crafts the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billion customers.
We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
What you'll do
- Be responsible for the team’s technical strategy and roadmap, and influence the technical design and architecture of our stack.
- Build, lead and serve an effective team of engineers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, giving feedback and hands-on career development.
- Facilitate a partnership between engineers, product managers, insights and designers to set the right goals and drive the execution of the solutions
- Work closely with your engineers and external partners to enable balanced and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Partner with other leaders as we craft and evolve an agile, learning organization while nurturing a healthy, collaborative engineering culture.
Who you are
- You have a strong technical background, probably as an engineer and you enjoy when your products are enabling other experts
- You are passionate about building outstanding technical products and understand what a phenomenal platform that meets these needs looks like.
- You love developing and growing engineers and have a track record of doing so; you thrive when developing phenomenal people, not just great products.
- You value teamwork and collaboration in an iterative agile environment, while coaching and mentoring software developers to deliver timely, high-quality software.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.