Marketing - Summer Internship
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
We are looking for Marketing interns. As a Marketing intern at Spotify, you will help drive how artists and fans see, hear and touch Spotify, creators and artists on our platform out in the world. You will work alongside a large 100+ person team consisting of some of the best brand managers, creatives, designers, copywriters, producers, strategists, experiential leads and brand specialists in the industry. The summer will give you a fast paced dive into the work of music and content marketing. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Support the Marketing team in the development of creative and execution of campaigns across internal and external agency/ production partners, specific to work-streams dialed in on artist marketing, partner marketing, original content marketing or consumer marketing.
- Work closely with Spotify’s internal Marketing organization and several types of external partners to support local and global markets executions and approvals for various creative campaigns.
- Run end-to-end processes and workflows from brief, conceptualisation, production, delivery of assets, and execution of creative work.
Who you are
- A current undergraduate student in their Junior or Senior year or a 1st year MS/MBA student
- A highly self-motivated individual
- You have a knowledge, interest in and passion for learning about the global music landscape and business, various genres and sub-genres, music history, key players, artists, and where short, a quick solution on where to find trusted information
- You have an innate passion for content development and the entertainment industry as a whole
- A consistent track record of collaborating with others
- You have a curiosity for production, original storytelling, and developing succinct messages for consumers
The Intern Experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it - and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn't just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 - Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 - March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 - April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.