Senior Data Scientist - Personalization
New York, NY /
Data and Analytics – Personalization /
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Daily Mix to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them.
We are looking for a Senior Data Science professional in experimentation and exploratory descriptive analysis, with experience working on early stage products, launching new products, and cross-functional collaboration, especially with User Research, to join our Personalization organization in Spotify.
Who You Are:
- You have 5+ years of experience in applied research and statistical modeling with a degree or higher (MS/PhD) in statistics, mathematics, econometrics, or similar field.
- Significant expertise in experimentation methodologies and statistics.
- Competence with SQL and experience performing analysis on large datasets.
- You are a communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others.
- Experience partnering with other disciplines to foster product innovation.
What You'll Do:
- Build lasting solutions to experimentation and attribution modeling.
- Commit to ensuring industry-leading best practices for experimental design and statistical analysis.
- Take on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences.
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify.
Where You'll Be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.