[APP CLOSED] Summer Internship, Frontend Engineer Intern | Platform Mission (EMEA)
Students – Students /
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for two Front End Developer Interns to join our team of hardworking developers that share a common interest to build an application that millions of people use every day. In this role you will bind our front and back end services together. You will monitor, test and optimise your designs, as well as building the user interface (UI) and designing language across different platforms. Above all, your work will impact Backstage, the developer portal framework Spotify uses to help build world-class audio experiences.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with software engineers, product owners, and analysts to plan, design and shape the underlying platform that our application can successfully build and ship for millions of users.
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, multi-functional agile team.
- You will help build Backstage, the platform on top of which our application reaches millions of people every day to discover and listen to music.
- You will help improve performance, and build beautiful user interfaces, but above all, your work will impact how Spotify developers build world-class audio experiences.
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Vocational, Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or a Bootcamp certification in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or a related field of study.
- You have a graduation date of 2024.
- You have dabbled in front end development via prior internships, coursework, and/or projects.
- You preferably know the basics of Node.js and are comfortable with the idea of working in this environment.
- You care about quality and you know what it means to ship high-quality code.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is February 16th, 2023 at 10 AM CET.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.