Data Scientist - Summer Internship
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
We are looking for Data Scientist Interns to #JoinTheBand and help drive a data-first culture across Spotify. Our Data Scientist mission is to turn terabytes of data into insights and get a deep understanding of music and listeners so we can impact the strategy and direction of Spotify. You will study user behavior, strategic initiatives, markets, content, and new features and bring data and insights into every decision we make. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences audio.
What you'll do
- Perform analyses on large sets of data to extract actionable insights that will help drive decisions across the business
- Build dashboards and recurring reporting deliverables, empowering creative growth and business decisions.
- Communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of analysts, product owners, marketers, designers, and others across the company who are passionate about Spotify’s success
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s degree or bootcamp certification in Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Economics, Mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- You are a sophomore, junior or senior in undergrad or a first or final year in a Master's program
- You have harbor a passion for numbers and the use of data to make decisions
- You have have technical competence to perform more analytics in one or more of the following areas:
- Coding skills (such as Python, Java, or Scala)
- Analytics tools experience (such as Pandas, R, SPSS, SQL or Tableau)
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
The Intern experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it - and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic current students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn't just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 - Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 - March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 - April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.