Senior Project Manager - Platform Consultancy
New York, NY /
Operations and Business Support – Platform /
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a phenomenal Project Manager, to establish and lead our Platform Mergers and Acquisitions workstreams. This includes Cloud based migrations and integration work with a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers from across multiple Platform domains.
The Platform department builds the technology ecosystem that enables Spotify to learn and deliver quickly, while safely and easily scaling to billions of customers, and enabling our rapid employee growth around the globe. Our team consists of eight organisational units that reflect the needs and groupings of our internal customers - from the shared approaches to supporting and aligning the craft and practice of designers, engineers, researchers, and data scientists - to the frameworks, capabilities and tools they need to do their work as effectively, quickly, and safely as possible. We are an amplifier for productivity, quality, and innovation across Spotify.
This role sits within our Platform Consultancy team. Our goal is to increase speed for our customers, reduce waste within our teams and secure a faster move onto an aligned technology stack across Spotify together with our customers.
What you'll do:
- Refine and iterate on the Merger and Acquisition process for the Platform as a whole
- You will support alignment and collaboration of cross-functional teams and partners from multiple parts of the company
- Handle large and strategically important technical initiatives across Spotify
- Lead meetings with key partners at all levels that has an impact on Spotify technology stack
- Supervise progress and status of all ongoing work that the team engages in
- You will be responsible for the backlog of all migration and integration workstreams, securing that this is prioritized according to customer needs, business importance, focused alignment etc
- You’ll support planning this work together and securing priority with affected Platform Tribes and Tribes outside of Platform
- Coordinate with and handle third parties/consultancies to apply additional resources when applicable
Who you are:
- You have broad experience from working in cross-functional environments with engineering, product, design, data science and research
- You’re excellent influencing, building trust and credibility, and you encourage and empower cross-functional teams at all levels to achieve goals without having formal authority
- Extensive experience representing and running large, cross-functional software projects, and can easily communicate strategies, goals, and progress status
- You’re extremely structured, organized and have excellent attention to details
- You have a flexible attitude and are continuously looking for ways to improve how you and your team work
- Comfortable balancing multiple concurrent high impact initiatives in an agile, fast paced, and international environment
- You are able to thrive in ambiguity and provide direction/structure to small-to-medium-sized teams independently
- You’ve extensive experience in working with technology intense programs and an understanding of technology infrastructure and how it impacts the business
- You have experience with Platform technologies (i.e. Kubernetes, gRPC, Kafka, etc) and ideally have a background in Cloud Technologies (GCP preferred but not required, AWS background also helps)
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.