Senior Product Designer - Client Platform (Remote Eligible - EMEA)
Design and User Experience – Platform /
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
Platform Mission operates in the heart of Spotify. We are the cogs that make all of Spotify spin and hum, providing infrastructure, tools and services that allow all engineers at Spotify to bring value for Spotify’s customers.
Client Platform, a tribe in Platform Mission, is passionate about mobile and client engineers. We are looking for a Senior UX Product Designer that can help us understand the needs of our customers and elevate design practices throughout the tribe. The teams you will work with are still learning how to work with UX, but there is widespread curiosity and willingness to try out new methods and ways of working.
What you'll do
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams made up of engineers, product managers, data scientists, and more.
- Together with your cross-functional partners, you’ll set the vision for the user experience and create the space. for others to collaborate. You’ll help cultivate a shared understanding of the problem space by facilitating cross-functional workshops and group ideation sessions.
- Have a people-focused design mentality; you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- Be autonomous. You’ll drive progress through obstacles by building consensus and making decisions – taking ownership for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions that consider problems from multiple angles.
- Evolve the design practices in the tribe by evangelising, coaching and mentoring teammates. You’ll provide teams with the methods, processes, and solutions needed to execute strategy.
Who you are
- An excellent teammate, communicator and facilitator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and craft products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You are experienced in conducting user research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions.
- You are data driven and use quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions.
- You bring strong understanding of and experience in Lean and Agile UX processes, and are not afraid of suggesting new ways of working.
- You have experience with Enterprise UX and/or B2B products, or internal facing products.
- You have 5+ years of relevant work experience, for example as a Product Designer.
- You have an online portfolio, or a PDF that you can share with us and you are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within theEMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere optionshere.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.