Summer Internship, System Administration Intern | Financial Engineering Mission (US)
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
The Legal & IA Systems team drives a variety of initiatives within Spotify’s legal, audit and data privacy landscape. Its work-streams include driving strategic projects and implementing business systems to drive business growth and efficiency. As a part of the Financial Engineering mission, we accelerate Spotify’s growth and performance with a trusted financial platform, providing valuable data and insights for our partners.
We are looking for an intern that will join the SaaSquatch System Administration team, responsible for administering legal ops and internal audit applications. While System Administration covers a wide range of technical platforms and responsibilities, our focus is on SaaS (Software as a Service) applications, hence our team name. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- You will work with the legal and audit business teams along with product, engineering and business partners throughout Spotify, taking on projects that are assigned to our team
- You’ll be part of a team of system administrators responsible for applications used by our Legal and IA partners.
- You will learn how applications are integrated into our environment as well as best practices on user management
- You will practice project management and customer service skills
- Work from our office in New York City in a hybrid mode (going into the office occasionally and as needed)
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, science or mathematics and have a graduation year date of 2024 or 2025. We are open to candidates who have a passion for technology and interest in system administration.
- You currently have valid work authorization to work in the country in which this role is based that will extend from June to August 2023
- You are experienced with technology and the underlying principles, with the ability to explain technical issues to a non technical audience
- You care about why things work, not just how things work
- You are meticulous, have good follow-through on open issues and are a great problem solver
- You can answer and respect different answers to the cake vs pie debate
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is February 13th, 2023 at 10 AM CET.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.