Editor, Music Editorial - Spain
Freemium – Content / Music /
We are looking for an experienced Editor for Spain, to join the Spotify’s Music Editorial team based in Madrid. In this role you'll be part of the Music team in Southern and Eastern Europe. You will identify and execute first rate music playlist listening and will ensure an unbiased editorial voice for a multitude of moods, moments and genres. You will also demonstrate a passion for performance-oriented analytics and will have your ear to the ground in the Spanish music community.
As a music editor, you will be encouraged to make data informed decisions, and bring deep cultural and music insights to craft highly engaging music experiences for listeners. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music!
What you'll do:
- Be the culture guide and proactively identify music trends and opportunities for Spotify.
- Focus on the daily music programming and editorial strategy for Spain and support the Editorial team in the region.
- Listen to music from a wide range of genres (from Indie to Flamenco and beyond) and identify appropriate programming opportunities.
- Identify content gaps and consequently substantiate playlists hypothesis.
- Understand and gain insight of consumer behaviors by analyzing data and analytics.
- Provide a strong, unbiased editorial voice to create a first-class user experience.
- Collaborate with a global editorial team on a variety of projects and programming initiatives.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams to fulfill company strategic goals and projects.
- You will work out of the Madrid office
Who you are:
- At least 5 years of experience in the music industry, programming/curating music for TV, radio, digital or other media outlets, where connecting and serving audiences with music experiences, artists and/or creators in today’s music landscapes have been an integral part of your job and missions.
- You possess a perfect level of written and spoken Spanish and English.
- You live and breathe music every day and have a deep knowledge of music and culture, with a focus on Spain
- You have a broad understanding of music from across all genres and styles - from Flamenco to pop, indie to rock - you enjoy it all and have a keen sense of what makes music appropriate for different situations and an ability to identify great songs to fit.
- You are numerate and adept at analyzing and interpreting data and using it to set goals.
- You pay attention to details and organisation, have a strong work ethic and a friendly, warm attitude.
- You’re able to demonstrate a strong understanding of - and experience with - Spotify as a user and fan.
- Finally, you're a great teammate, adapt well to change, and always have a positive attitude.
Please attach your resume in English.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.