Senior Product Designer, Marketplace Core (Remote Eligible - Americas)
New York, NY /
Design and User Experience – Marketplace /
Creator Marketplace is on a mission to give creators and their teams the tools they need to improve their performance and better manage their careers on our platform. In turn, this will enable more creators to succeed and enrich their audience's experience on Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the Marketplace Core team. You’ll be part of a cross functional team, which provides our organization with a stable platform foundation and simplifies the inextricable complexity of the music industry. Our capabilities seek to solve for the intricacies behind our data, payments, commerce, authorization, teams, and accounts.
As a Senior Product Designer you will help us understand the needs of our customers and elevate design practices throughout the team. There is widespread curiosity and eagerness to experiment with new methods and ways of working. If you're passionate about building platform capabilities for customers and R&D teams, and applying your design thinking to solving complicated problems with solid facilitation, research, and service design skills - then this is the place for you!
What You'll Do
- Partner closely with product managers and engineers to better understand opportunities and gaps within our internally-facing teams and turn insights into meaningful results.
- Be the voice of both our internal and external customers, working alongside our engineers and product managers during systems development.
- Solve complicated technical problems and find tooling solutions for our multi-disciplinary teams, so that our squads have the liberty to adapt quickly and innovate.
- Collaborate with internal partners throughout both business and R&D, while considering requirements, constraints, user needs, and business goals.
- Craft sophisticated but practical solutions to design challenges by partnering closely with engineering, product, and business folks.
- Partner with other designers to build and align on a coherent user experience, while also considering business and technical requirements for various product offerings.
- Develop sketches, wireframes, and prototypes to validate concepts and hypotheses with our end users.
- Build, disseminate, and maintain systems documentation.
- Be autonomous and take full ownership of your work on every last detail, every step of the way.
Who You Are
- You have 5+ years of experience in design, with a focus on either Enterprise UX, B2B products, and/or internally-facing products. You also have a portfolio or PDF that you can share with us to reflect that work.
- You are passionate about discovering new tooling solutions for both internal and external customers, with a particular interest in supporting Spotify’s artist-facing product teams.
- You’re an outstanding teammate, communicator and facilitator. You have the communication skills and people-focused design mentality to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You excel at collaborating and working within agile, engineering-focused teams, usually as the only designer.
- You’ve planned design sprints and structured workshops that drive outcomes quickly and optimally. You’re familiar with standard practices, but are just as comfortable challenging them.
- A systems-thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various user groups and industry workflows, and turn them into impactful design solutions.
- A great storyteller and communicator, you’re able to translate complex systems and frameworks into concepts that are easy to understand for a variety of audiences.
- You use both quantitative and qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions and are a hands-on UX Designer proficient in user research techniques, interaction design, and information architecture.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.