Design Manager - Core Experience
Design and User Experience – Experience /
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an experienced product design manager to join our Core Experience that is responsible for crafting the mobile app experience for Spotify. This team is at the heart of Spotify, developing new features and experiences for our listeners.
What you'll do
- Directly manage a team of designers, supporting them as they drive their personal and professional growth
- Influences and interprets the product vision to drive strategic execution of design through their team
- Works with our designers to ensure we have a deep understanding of user needs and that their design solutions fit into a consistent product experience
- Actively participates in key initiatives to help shape and guide solutions
- Challenges status quo on creativity and quality of design work across their team
- You are willing to get hands-on, partnering closely with other designers and/or engineering teams.
- Work closely with Product and Insights to formulate clear design hypotheses & construct tests
- Promotes team’s design work to drive alignment across the other teams
- Proactively looks for and solves high-level issues and opportunities
Who you are
- You have 3+ years practical management experience with designers in an agile product development environment
- You love design systems and are passionate about the impact they have on the design team and the app experience
- You are comfortable working closely with product managers, engineering leads, user research teams, and data scientists to ship products
- You are a leader with practical design chops you don’t mind dusting off from time-to-time. You’ve shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to build awesome product experiences.
- You have a keen eye for detail and can give effective direction and feedback to designers on the team
- You have great communication skills, both written and verbal
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.