Data Scientist - Creator Promotion (Remote Eligible - Americas)
New York, NY /
Data and Analytics – Marketplace /
The Marketplace team builds Spotify's content platform and creator products!
Our content platform ingests, understands, and safeguards the world's audio. Our creator products - Spotify for Artists, Soundtrap, and SoundBetter - enable artists and their teams to create music, connect with collaborators, and grow & monetize their audience.
Central to the Marketplace team’s vision is the development of promotion tools for artists and labels powered by Spotify’s deep knowledge of listener preferences and behaviors. Our Data Scientists on the Creator Studio team are dedicated to growing our products that help artists get their music into the ears of existing and potential fans.
We are looking for a Data Scientist specializing in metrics design, test analysis, and data visualization to help generate and communicate insights in support of Spotify’s creator products strategy. You will use Spotify's vast amount of data to measure the impact of our products and deliver impactful dashboards and visualizations that make data and insights accessible for both internal and external consumption. You will create tools that help illustrate how artists and listeners are engaging with our products on Spotify.
As part of the Product Insights team, you will partner with data engineers, product teams, user researchers, and designers to help us define the next generation of promotion products for the music industry. You’ll also be connected to the broader Spotify insights community to expand the influence of your team's work!
What you'll do
- Gain a deep understanding of how products and platforms influence user behavior by extracting insights from rich datasets to drive the Creator Studio roadmap.
- Design, build, maintain, and iterate on a suite of dashboards and tools that surface insights and track metrics measuring the health and impact of creator products on Spotify.
- Define the metrics we use to measure the health of initiatives and track them through dashboards.
- Perform analysis on large sets of data to extract relevant insights that will help drive Spotify's promotion strategy.
- Collaborate with data scientists and other insights teams to communicate data-driven insights and recommendations to key partners through clear visualizations, presentations, and self-service tools.
- Collaborate with data scientists and data engineers to design datasets and metrics to measure the performance of our tools on Spotify, helping build the analytics layer of our team’s data environment to make data standardized and easily accessible.
- Set the standard and elevate others to build efficient data pipelines, impactful visualizations and dashboards, and high-quality standards and methodologies.
Who you are
- You have 3+ years of experience in a similar role and are passionate about using data visualization for storytelling.
- You have significant experience with product analytics, including crafting success metrics, running power analyses, determining statistical significance, and communicating findings with clear product recommendations or implications.
- You are passionate about data visualization, and have a high level of expertise with data visualization tools or libraries (Tableau, D3.js, Shiny, Dash, Looker, or similar tools).
- Strong communication skills and value building positive relationships with colleagues and partners as well as the ability to explain sophisticated topics in straightforward terms.
- You're a compelling storyteller who can communicate complex topics in succinct and inspiring ways to a variety of audience types to influence decision-making.
- You enjoy mentoring and teaching others.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.