Software Developer, Education - for the Soundtrap hub
Soundtrap – Soundtrap
Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
What you'll do
- You’ll be joining Soundtrap’s education team, focusing on enabling students and teachers to create music and podcasts in the classroom. You’ll be working in a fast-paced startup environment, helping Soundtrap spearhead our exciting opportunities while being responsible for:
- Enabling creation of music and podcasts for students and teachers.
- Making the user experience as compelling as it can be.
- Connecting students that share similar interests.
- Integrating Soundtrap with education systems, enabling creativity in classrooms around the world.
Who you are
- You’re familiar with: version control (git), REST APIs, SQL and continuous delivery.
- Familiarity with modern front-end technologies/frameworks (like Angular or React).
- An interest in music. No need to be Beethoven, but it’s cool if you play an instrument or have experience in recording or creating music using other DAW software (like Ableton or GarageBand).
- Experience with software architecture and design.
- Experience in machine learning and ML frameworks.
- Experience with alternative JVM languages (like Kotlin or Scala).
- Experience of working with Web Audio.
Please send your resume and cover letter in English as soon as possible.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.