Senior UX Writer - Platform & Partner Experience
Design and User Experience – Consumer Experience
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Writer to join our Platform & Partner Experience team and be a strategic partner in how to extend our core mobile experience across multiple contexts and device ecosystems, including desktop, tablets, web player, automobiles, wearables, televisions, speakers, software integrations, and much more.
What you’ll do
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, notifications, and product tours.
- Review and edit technical and user experience documentation for an audience of over 140 commercial partners (including Samsung, Google, Amazon, and Microsoft) to support them in building world-class Spotify experiences on their platforms.
- Contribute to the Design Language System to ensure consistency across our entire ecosystem of product offerings.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert, present, and rationalize your work to stakeholders.
- Leverage data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Look at messaging through a global lens to deliver experiences for different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others.
Who you are
- You have at least 5 years of experience writing or editing content for the web and mobile experiences.
- You hold a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Your written and verbal communication skills are excellent; you can effectively manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to design and build products/features that truly have meaningful impact.
- Please provide a portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created, such as interaction flows, emails, product tours, educational materials, and style guides. Also include a brief explanation in your application of why you’re excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
We're looking for UX Writers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.