Senior Full Stack Engineer – Platform Insights
Engineering – Platform /
The Platform Insights team consists of highly motivated and extremely friendly people, specializing in providing core datasets, discovering insights, and providing guidance related to engineering effectiveness and data-informed decisions across R&D in Spotify.
We gather data from our software development processes, the internal tools usage, and our quarterly Engineering Satisfaction survey. We leverage this data to identify bottlenecks, increase Spotify software development effectiveness, and promote data-informedness.
Backstage delivers an open and thriving ecosystem trusted by millions of engineers, one where hundreds of companies collaborate to build the best developer experience in the world. We externalize our know-how with backstage plugins.
Do you have a passion for removing hurdles to increase effectiveness? If so, join Platform Insights!
What You’ll Do
- Your primary role will be to develop Backstage plugins to make our expertise available to our Backstage customers. The development is done using TypeScript.
- Familiarity with GraphQL, React, and Material UI is useful. The goal is to enable our Backstage customers to track key developer metrics and compare like-for-like with other players in the industry.
- You’ll collaborate with other engineers, product managers, user researchers and designers to identify and solve challenging problems related to developer satisfaction, productivity and data-informedness.
- Participate in running the quarterly company-wide engineering satisfaction survey.
- Develop data workflows, metrics and dashboards, in collaboration with other teams.
Who You Are
- You have several years of relevant software development experience, with a degree or equivalent knowledge in computer science, mathematics, engineering or a similar field.
- You value evidence-based development and agile software processes.
- You have emotional intelligence and a wish to learn new crafts and adapt to new ways of working.
Where You'll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours: https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.