Product Designer - Off Platform Experience
Design and User Experience – Experience /
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We are looking for an enthusiastic product designer to join our Platform & Partner Experience team who are tasked with considering how to extend our core mobile experience across multiple contexts and device ecosystems, including native desktop, tablets, web player, automobiles, wearables, televisions, speakers, software integrations, and much more.
What you'll do
- Be responsible the design of Spotify’s Off-Platform Experiences; to deepen relationships between artists and fans by extending Spotify into their favorite apps & software platforms.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams made up of representatives from engineering, product, product insights, and marketing, among others.
- Take into account existing insights, technical constraints, business needs, and specific platform demands to produce data-informed solutions.
- Work closely with teams from companies such as Facebook, Google, Amazon and Samsung.
- You’ll take full ownership of your work and total responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way, from whiteboard sketching to high-fidelity final treatments.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, understanding when deeper exploration is warranted and when it is best to change paths and try another approach.
Who you are
- You have at least 3 years of experience designing at consumer-focused tech or media companies; experience designing for mobile is a plus.
- You know how social media works and are excited about the possibility to partner with social sharing platforms to enhance the Spotify experience.
- You have basic knowledge of machine learning and how it can impact the user experience.
- You are a skilled designer, with a keen eye for aesthetics.
- You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts. Also instrumental is the ability to speak confidently to your own design work and convince others of your reasoning.
- You have a people-focused design mentality and want to craft and build products/features that truly have significant impact.
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us. A link or PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within theEMEA region in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European and GMT time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located that time zone.
Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere optionshere.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.