Senior Product Designer - Platform Development Experience
Design and User Experience – Platform and Infrastructure /
The Platform team creates the technology that enables Spotify to learn quickly and scale easily, enabling rapid growth in our users and our business around the globe. Spanning many disciplines, we work to make the business work; creating the frameworks, capabilities and tools needed to welcome a billion customers. Join us and help to amplify productivity, quality and innovation across Spotify.
We are looking for a Senior Product Designer to join the design team in our Platform Development Experience tribe. You will make sure that Spotify’s developer tools and products are coherent, easy and efficient to use, and that our customers - the engineers at Spotify - can be productive in their daily work. You will be part of a team that builds and delivers tooling and services to all Spotify engineers, and also participate in Product Design work across the mission and help other teams when needed.
Our end users and customers are the engineers of Spotify; the infrastructure products and tools we create are used daily by all of Spotify’s developers. By creating a world class developer experience we can increase developer productivity and make Spotify move faster.
You’re a great fit for this role if you:
- Are passionate about solving complex UX challenges.
- Have empathy for your customers and can anticipate user needs.
- Love both strategy and hands-on UX.
- Thrive in a fast-paced organization.
What you will do:
- Research user behaviors, validate concepts with end users and turn insights into value-adding features and actionable deliverables
- Be the voice of our customers in product development
- Collaborate with other designers to create a coherent user experience over Platforms product offerings
- Work with sketches, wireframes and prototypes to communicate with stakeholders and validate concepts and hypotheses with our end users
- Contribute and work with our Design System
Who you are:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience, for example as a Product Designer
- A great storyteller and communicator
- Experienced in conducting user research and usability testing, and turning the output into data that can drive product design decisions
- You have a strong understanding of and experience in Lean and Agile UX processes, and are not afraid of suggesting new ways of working
- A hands-on UX Designer that is proficient in user research techniques, interaction design and user testing
- You are data driven and use quantitative as well as qualitative data sources to inform your design decisions
- You are familiar with Open Source Software
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences
- Experience with or interest in Enterprise UX and/or B2B products
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.