New York, NY
Design and User Experience – Premium Tier
We are looking for a versatile Senior UX Writer to play a part in crafting great user experiences across Premium. You consider yourself a storyteller, editor, and problem solver who knows your audience and can create compelling content that empowers and delights users. You will play a vital role in defining content strategy, influencing user experience, and evolving Premium's brand, voice, and content standards.
You will join a hardworking team of Product Designers and UX Writers, geographically distributed across Stockholm, London, and New York, partnering with Product Managers, User Research and Data Science, and Engineers to research, design, test, iterate, refine and ultimately bring Premium experiences to life. We have huge plans, so we need great creative minds to help us on our mission to discover new audiences and match them with paid experiences they’ll love.
What You'll Do
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, emails, notifications, and product tours.
- Develop product names and narratives for early stage products.
- Develop tone of voice and communication guidelines
- Run content audits and map/develop information architecture and taxonomy of new and existing products, and use data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Champion a cohesive brand story across our entire ecosystem of product offerings.
- Plan sprints and structure workshops to drive outcomes quickly and effectively.
- Look at messaging through a global lens to deliver experiences for different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards, whilst also defining a clear and repeatable process for how others can work with UX writing.
- Mentor developing UX writers and help level up content strategy and writing skills across the company.
- You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who You Are
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Experience writing or editing content for web and mobile experiences
- Experience working with information architecture, taxonomy, or human-computer interaction
- Always choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across
- Have empathy for your audience and can anticipate user needs
- Love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing
- Thrive in an exciting and fast-paced environment
- Content strategy experience (taxonomy development, content type definitions)
- Information Architecture/Design experience (light wireframing, user flow mapping)
Please provide a portfolio of work that shows a range of content you’ve created, such as interaction flows, emails, product tours, educational materials, and style guides. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.