Analyst, Pricing & Inventory - North America
New York, NY /
Advertising – Advertising Sales /
Sell what you love. For us and millions of users across the globe, that’s Spotify. Join the Sales team and you’ll build the relationships that help grow our business in existing markets and beyond. We don’t just sell creative solutions to our clients and partners, we help to shape them; using our expert knowledge of ad products, sales channels and the industry to impact the way the world experiences music and podcasts.
We are looking for an organized, energetic, hard-working & detail-oriented person to join our Pricing & Inventory team as an Analyst, Pricing & Inventory. You will be responsible for critical decision making, enabling the business to run on supply-led insights, with an in-depth understanding of our pricing trends as well as ensuring we properly and effectively monetize our inventory. You will help craft and execute long-term yield management strategies. You must be a consistent and clear communicator who isn’t afraid to push back and work closely with sales leadership. You must be able to pull and analyze the data which will help the team make critical business decisions.
This role will report into the Manager, North America Pricing & Inventory and support the Biz Ops organization. The role is highly cross-functional, working across Product Marketing, Sales leadership, Finance, Product and Operations to ensure our products are priced appropriately and our inventory is used strategically. We want help closing short term deals without jeopardizing long-term revenue. You will also help in executing our Upfront business strategy as we work across the various media holding companies and be responsible for implementing our day-to-day operational processes.
You will help accelerate revenue through identification of levers and bottlenecks to leadership all within the framework of an ever-changing revenue landscape. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music
What you'll do
- You will be responsible for yield management across all of our various channels and formats for North American markets to maximize our ads monetization strategies.
- Partner with Finance to develop revenue targets & forecasts.
- Help optimize operations and ensure workflows and business processes are as efficient as possible.
- Build and maintain excel and google sheet-based tools and models to provide pricing & inventory insights to team and sales leads.
- Manage rate cards and deal approvals.
- Develop a collaborative working partnership with sellers.
- Partner with Sales to help drive monetization initiatives.
- Team up with Pre and Post Sale teams to ensure proper forecasting, pricing and yield maximization across campaigns and products
Who you are
- Organized, communicative, and self-motivated.
- You have 2-3+ years experience in Management Consulting, Digital Advertising Pricing & Inventory, Ad Sales, or Sales Operations roles and a great passion for the data and insights that they unlock.
- A proven record of driving results and implementing strategies that drive growth, optimize monetization, and accurately report on business performance.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Familiarity with Google Ad Manager, Google Suite Products, BigQuery, SQL, Tableau, Salesforce, and Einstein Analytics.
- Great communication and presentation skills across multiple stakeholders.
- Exceptional ability to multitask and prioritize.
- You flourish working in a constantly changing, but always-exciting environment.
- Bachelor's degree; MBA preferred not required
Where you'll be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- Post COVID, while we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.