Product Designer, Spotify for Artists
New York, NY /
Design and User Experience – Content and Creator /
We’re looking for a Product Designer to develop new features and experiences for artists, managers, labels, and their teams. You’ll craft a strategy rooted firmly in user insights that paint an exciting vision of the future, and deliver on that vision through effective planning, interaction design, visuals, and prototypes.
As the team responsible for Spotify for Artists, we build consumer-facing products that provide artists and their teams with the powerful stats and tools they need to grow their audience, connect with fans, manage their Spotify profile, and earn a living off their work. In this role, you’d work with product and editorial design to shape the ways we communicate with our customers throughout their journey—both in and outside of the app. You’ll also partner with our Brand Design team to align our messaging and design across our app, onboarding flows, emails, and other on-platform communication channels.
What you’ll do
- Lead design projects across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- Set the vision for the user experience and build the space for others to collaborate.
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams and partner closely with engineering, product, and business stakeholders to find elegant but practical solutions to design challenges.
- Provide design thinking and leadership to develop the right product strategy. You’ll collaborate to tackle problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
- Rapidly produce multiple concepts and prototypes, and know how and when to create and combine flows, user stories, sketches, wireframes, and deliver pixel-perfect specs.
Who you are
- Have proven design chops, shipped products, and understand what it takes to create valuable and meaningful experiences.
- A talented systems thinker and problem solver who can connect the dots between various user groups and industry workflows and turn them into simple and impactful design solutions and flows.
- Constantly sketching concepts, tweaking flows, or refining designs that represent the big-thinking work.
- Effective communicator and facilitator. You’ve planned sprints and structured workshops to drive outcomes quickly and effectively. You’re familiar with standard methodologies but are just as comfortable challenging them.
- Have the ability to deliver high-quality work, and care about the impact.
- Have a people-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to refine your designs through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests.
- You have an online portfolio or PDF that you can share with us.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.