Data Engineer - User Fraud
Engineering – Financial Engineering and Fraud /
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our User Fraud team. Our mission is to ensure the integrity of Spotify’s growth by building cutting-edge technical solutions processing billions of events in real-time. A key component of our ambitious goals is to detect, mitigate, and prevent unwanted behaviour on our platform.
You will join an experienced team of data, backend and client engineers that owns our core mitigation and prevention platform. We use state of the art data engineering and backend techniques to build a platform that can operate at a very high scale without compromising speed or accuracy.
The team is working on
- Evolving and scaling out our fraud mitigation platform
- Building and maintaining batch and streaming data pipelines for swift mitigation of unwanted behaviour
- Tackling technical challenges that require us to move between data and backend engineering
- Innovating our products to create a coherent portfolio of products which enables the User Fraud team to do their jobs, as well as serve stakeholders throughout Spotify
What you'll do
- Design and implement systems for mitigating abusive behaviour on our platform
- Getting hands-on experience with Google Cloud Platform and technology/languages such as BigQuery, Scala, Scio, Luigi, Styx and Docker
- Operate large scale real time and batch data pipelines and backend services
- Understand use cases for abusive behaviour that enable teams to use our systems to integrate new detection methods, allowing for swift and correct mitigation.
- Work closely with end-users and stakeholders to understand, document, troubleshoot and analyze requirements for complex data solutions
Who you are
- BS/MS in CS or other relevant fields of study
- 3+ experience with designing and building highly scalable data solutions
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong coding skills preferably in Scala, Java and Python
- You have a basic understanding on building and operating cloud based services
- Have worked in teams with both Data Engineers, Data Scientists and Backend Engineers
- You have experience operating backend and/or data pipeline services, familiar with metrics and monitoring
- You measure twice and cut once, placing a high emphasis on correctness
- You are curious and excited about learning new skills within other domains
- You value building strong relationships with colleagues and multiple stakeholders, and have the ability to explain complex topics in simple terms
Above all, working as a data engineer in the User Fraud area will challenge your design, quality, and problem-solving skills to build robust and scalable solutions.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.