UX Writer, Creator Studio (Remote Eligible - Americas)
New York, NY /
Design and User Experience – Marketplace /
Spotify is looking for a full-time UX Writer to help create audience building tools for artists, managers, label teams, and more. This is a great opportunity for someone with experience working on consumer and enterprise-facing products, and who has experience in UX writing, content strategy, and influencing user experience.
In this role, you’ll help build and evolve Spotify for Artists, and join the team designing and crafting tools to help artists, managers, and labels market their music and reach fans.
What you'll do
- Write clear, consistent, concise user-interface content, emails, notifications, product tours.
- Develop product names and narratives for early stage products.
- Champion a cohesive brand story across our entire ecosystem of product offerings.
- Collaborate with designers, researchers, prototypers, product managers, and engineers to deliver compelling UX solutions.
- Act as a subject matter authority who can present and rationalize work to partners.
- Use data and research to evaluate content’s impact.
- Look at messaging through a global lens to deliver experiences for different markets.
- Maintain and document evolving content, brand, and voice/tone standards.
- Effectively balance multiple projects and deadlines.
Who you are
- 2+ years of design or UX writing experience.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- You are passionate about Spotify for Artists and helping artists connect and build connections with their fans.
- You can build rational and articulable solutions to complex problems.
- You have the ability to empathize with your audience and can anticipate user needs.
- You always choose clear and concise over clever and wordy to get an idea across.
- You love both strategy and hands-on writing and editing.
- You’re someone who thrives in a fast-paced organization.
- You have experience writing for self-serve platforms or advertising tools.
- You've done some work with localization.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.