Design Manager - Latin America
Miami, FL /
Freemium – Studios / Podcasts /
Spotify is looking for Design Manager to join the Spotify Studio's Latin America Team!
In this pivotal role, you will manage and oversee the design for Spotify’s Latin America podcast show artwork - original and exclusive content.
This area plays a key role in Spotify's ambition to be the world's leading audio platform - plotting the vision for what the future of audio is for our listeners, how they discover and engage with podcasts on Spotify, and what possibilities exist to transform our core music product
What you'll do
- You'll influence and interpret the overarching vision to drive strategic execution of design throughout the Latin America Studios team
- Shaping the Studios design vision for the Podcast experience, you will create space for others to collaborate across the entire product lifecycle and multiple product launches.
- You will inspire and challenge the status quo on creativity, emotional impact and quality of design work across your team team
- You have a passion for data-informed design, empowering teams to incorporate multiple forms of data in their process and leverage design for new insights
- Collaborate with our global Brand & Creative and Studios Design teams on show and campaign collateral to ensure alignment across all Markets
Who you are
- You have practical design chops, with extensive experience as a Product Designer previously
- You’ve shipped products and understand what it takes to craft valuable experiences for people
- You have significant experience leading, coaching and directly managing a design team at consumer-focused product companies
- You’re a fantastic communicator and storyteller, together with analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- You love to break down and simplify complex problems and you are confident to present to mixed audiences at different levels of the organization
- You’re a strong conceptual thinker, with an ability to understand user’s needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables
- You have a people-focused design mentality
- You're constantly looking to refine your work and have experience with user feedback, whether through hands-on user research, or designing options for A/B tests
- You have degree qualifications in Product Design and/or Human Computer Interaction Design
- You are fluent in Spanish or Portuguese
- You have an online portfolio, or PDF that you can share with us
Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.