Software Developer, Creator - for the Soundtrap Hub
Soundtrap – Soundtrap /
Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using. We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
Since our launch in 2013, we have attracted millions of users. With us, anyone can make their recordings online, either as an independent creator or in collaboration with friends, band members or classmates.
Want to work on a product that enables music makers and podcasters to build, collaborate and share their work with the world? Do you want to be part of a cross-functional, creative and high impact delivering team? As part of the Creator developer team, you are at the heart of crafting the Soundtrap Creator experience, and will work on features and improvements that deliver outstanding user and business value.
What you’ll do
- Work with modern Java in the backend to architect, build and scale our web application.
- You'll have full autonomy over delivery where you’ll be enabled to take your features from design to production.
- You will work in a multi-functional team with product owners, designers, and other developers, where you will have a genuine impact on the team’s decisions.
- You'll join a friendly, informal work environment that supports your individual growth
Who you are
- Knowledge in working with MVC frameworks
- You are able to write clear, modular, maintainable code that will perform on many platforms and devices.
- You’re passionate about the quality of the software you design and deliver.
- You have experience in Angular, reactive programming and UX design
- You have completed large-scale projects in the role of an architect
- Work in open source is a plus so that we can check out some of your contributions and get an idea on how you collaborate.
- Interest in music! Perhaps you play an instrument or just love listening to music non-stop.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 271 million users.