Strategy Operations Lead - Personalization
Boston, MA /
Operations and Business Support – Personalization /
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Blend to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
As a Strategy Operations Lead, you will be a key leader across a technology organization. You will drive the operating cadence and increase organizational effectiveness through managing cross functional strategy initiatives. This role offers a unique view of the key priorities across the organization. You’ll use this view to effectively communicate, encourage deeper collaboration and efficiency across teams.
What you’ll do
- You’ll act as the chief operator responsible for the daily operation of the growing 100 person team working closely with Directors and Managers representing Engineering, Product, Design, and Insights.
- You’ll manage the team’s strategic planning and operational cadence.
- You’ll operate the budget, forecasting & hiring plan.
- You’ll work with the PZN team of strategy & operations, agile coaches and program managers to drive overall organizational efficiency.
- You’ll own change management across the organization.
- You’ll partner with other leaders in the team and across Spotify to identify and advance strategic interests.
Who you are
- You have experience in driving strategy and operations for a medium to large technology team.
- You have the ability to work independently, identify problems and opportunities, set priorities, lead multiple priorities and deliver at scale.
- You are a strong collaborator who has worked with senior leaders and partners across many domains.
- You have shown experience driving highly effective technical teams that deliver products and have fun while doing it.
- You are passionate about technology and what it can do for the creative industry.
Where you’ll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas in which we have a work location and is within working hours.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zones for collaboration and ask that all be located in either of those time zones.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.