Product Management - Summer Internship
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
We are looking for highly-motivated and creative Product Management Interns that will join our product team this summer! As a Product Management Intern, you will work with a multi-functional team from Design, Technology, and Analytics to define the near-term and long-term roadmap for our self-service offerings. You will also partner with members of the business across Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Legal. From prototyping to development to commercialization, you’ll lead the full lifecycle of features on a Spotify product. Above all, your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Collaborate with a Product Manager on a new or existing product and build a roadmap for its continued evolution.
- Assist in the roll-out, training and support of new products and capabilities.
- Draw insights and inspiration from user research, trends in the market, and direct feedback from artists to define new strategies.
- Help teams efficiently interface, squads to efficiently plan, meetings to run like clockwork.
- Coordinate with internal partners and teams to develop and spread customer empathy.
- Get the best out of those around you by operating as an encouraging teammate to engineers, designers and others throughout the agile development process.
- Join a quickly growing and hardworking product team and become a member of an accomplished group of product leaders
Who you are
- You are currently pursuing a Master’s of Business Administration (MBA) degree.
- You have natural leadership tendencies. Your track record shows numerous occasions of bringing people together, formally or informally, to accomplish something you’re passionate about.
- An outstanding communicator. You have experience collaborating efficiently with creatives, engineers, and business people. You encourage people to action with your story telling.
- A proven operator. You’ve been on teams building software before and know the basics of Product Management craft.
- A music enthusiast. You love music and are passionate about helping musicians thrive while delivering fans amazing experiences.
The Intern Experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it - and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn't just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 - Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 - March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 - April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.