MarTech Senior Engineer - Freemium (Remote Eligible - US)
New York, NY /
Engineering – Freemium R&D /
The Freemium R&D team oversees the entire user journey on Spotify and ensures we engage with people in innovative ways, every step of the way. Our team grows Spotify’s audience by finding future listeners around the world and delivering the right value to them, at the right time. With research, product development, product design, engineering, and marketing all collaborating in one organization, we’re able to quickly create meaningful features and services for millions of people around the world, resulting in joyful, long-lasting relationships with Spotify.
The Freemium Business Unit, a multi-functional team passionate about finding future listeners, wherever and whoever they may be! We work closely, combining marketing, insights, product development, design, and engineering expertise to grow Spotify’s Free and Premium users and monthly active users in both new and existing markets across the globe. Join us and you’ll be part of a dynamic team taking acquisition, activation and business growth at Spotify to the next level.
We are looking for an engineer to join the team implementing, integrating and handling marketing platforms and tools used by Spotify's marketing and growth teams, internally and externally with creative agencies and marketing partners. In this role, you’ll investigate into the structure and infrastructure of data that Spotify's teams collect and use for campaign execution, marketing, customer intelligence and performance optimization.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with a cross-functional team of product managers, software engineers, data scientists, business operations and marketing professionals to build best in class audience and identity products.
- You will partner with marketing and analytics teams to implement uniform and consistent taxonomy and data collection practices that yield improved analytics and insights
- You will build custom audience segments and manage the delivery of those segments to ad network destinations for paid media targeting and suppression purposes
- You’ll anticipate technology needs before they arise, working with the marketing, analytics, and insights teams to find solutions that meet fluctuating and rapidly evolving goals and objectives
- You will partner with your Marketing, Tech, Insights and Analytics colleagues to prioritize and execute work and foster a culture of impact and performance
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years of experience providing technical and engineering capability in marketing technology, product analytics and marketing analytics for marketing and growth teams
- You have experience with mobile deep linking, tag management, and marketing attribution data and ad fraud prevention
- You bring experience in Customer Data Platforms (CDPs), Data Management Platforms (DMPs) and identity graph solutions
- You are highly skilled in database analysis, SQL and data warehouse solutions such as Google BigQuery
- Prior to starting your technical leadership career you have had extensive experience working hands-on as a Software Engineer in an agile environment
- You have a comfort and familiarity with modern development practices and the development lifecycle with experience using Scrum, Kanban, Lean or other agile methodologies
- You have excellent leadership and relationship building skills
- You are good at sorting out ambiguity
- You have high standards for yourself and others
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and seek something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away
- You are seen as a subject-matter technical expert and enjoy consulting with others in the business on achieving their goals
- You are self-motivated and proactive with the ability to work independently
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.