Senior Editor - Country Music
Nashville, TN /
Content – Music /
The Spotify Editorial team is looking for an extraordinary country music professional to join their team, reporting into the Head of Editorial - Nashville.
In this role, you'll identify and curate the best in music listening and programming experiences for a multitude of moods, moments, and genres; demonstrate a passion for analytics and collaboration; and will have your ear to the ground in the music community. You will handle country music editorial and related special projects on the outstanding Nashville editorial team at Spotify.
And - above all else - your work will impact the way the world experiences music.
What you'll do
- Editorial work on country catalog, mood & activity, and new music playlists.
- Content planning for genre-related listening spaces.
- Genre-based editorial work as it relates to special projects and partnerships
- Creative direction and design for genre-based listening experiences.
- Assist in maintaining genre-based annual content calendar of important events, season, holidays and related editorial campaigns.
- Tracking, analyzing & reporting on editorial work.
- Provide editorial insight into cross-functional marketing and product work.
Who you are
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- Knowledgeable of the music industry and genre related music trends both currently and historically.
- Experience in music industry, music programming/curation, or in the entertainment industry - required.
- A keen sense of what music is appropriate for any situation.
- The ability to identify phenomenal songs from all genres and styles.
- A strong understanding of and experience with Spotify as a user and fan.
- Team spirit, excellent work ethic.
- A friendly and warm demeanor…we're a close-knit family!
- Exceptional verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Strong ability to comprehend, report and efficiently respond to analytics.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A strong propensity to take initiative and absolutely flourish with change.
- Excels in individual work as well as with cross-functional, worldwide initiatives toward mutual objectives.
- Technical proficiency with common Mac/iOS/Google/Android software.
- Ability to travel when needed.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.