Senior Data Engineer - Growth Opportunities
Engineering – Markets /
Growth Opportunities (GO) is an R&D team in Spotify with a mission to drive sustained growth of Spotify fans around the world, and we are looking for a Data Engineer to join us. You will build data driven solutions to bring music and digital media experiences to our 100 million active users and millions of artists either by working directly on product features or by improving the quality of our data tools and data infrastructure.
You will take on sophisticated data-related problems using some of the most diverse data-sets available — user behaviors, content, cultural and contextual data, and other signals across our broad range of mobile and connected platforms. Above all, your work will influence the way people experience music.
What you'll do
- Lead and improve data engineering practices across multiple teams.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scalding, Scio, Storm, Spark, and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Use standard methodologies in continuous integration and delivery.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives.
- Coach and mentor other less experienced data engineers through pair programming, reviews, and system design.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, ML engineers, and partners, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
Who you are
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You have experience working with backend systems and technologies along with data engineering.
- You like mentoring and helping other engineers around you succeed.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of partnership within teams.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply, and we encourage everyone to come to be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 286 million users.