Corporate Development, MBA - Summer Internship
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
We are looking for a Corporate development intern. At Spotify, we are reinventing the audio industry by changing how people create, consume, and pay for content. We’re doing this by not only having an extraordinary team to build out the core music and podcast service that you know and love, but also by looking across the media and technology ecosystems to find the teams, products, and companies to help accelerate this mission. The Corporate Development team leads this work by collaborating with our global leadership team to identify, develop, negotiate, and execute acquisitions.
What you'll do
- Support M&A evaluation across Spotify’s business units
- Support development of Corporate Development strategic frameworks and toolkits depending on size / scale / complexity of opportunity
- Work with other Corporate Development team members to frame strategic themes and their application to specific opportunities
- Design, compile, analyze research, drawing across the breadth of third party work, external consultants, internal analysis. This work will cover industry landscape and dynamics, customer segments, competition etc.
- Prepare presentations which translate the findings from research and analysis into effective presentation and discussion materials for relevant internal partners
Who you are
- You are pursuing or finishing up your MBA with an educational background in finance, corporate development, business strategy or equivalent
- You have a passion for business analysis, including developing and then proving out hypotheses in observed data / performance
- You have the ability to customize and apply financial and strategic frameworks.
- You are able to create clear, persuasive presentation materials, including written business narratives.
The Intern Experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it - and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn't just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 - Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 - March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 - April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.