Technical Product Manager - Ad Serving
United States of America (Home Mix) /
Data and Analytics – Amplify /
At Spotify Advertising, our part of that mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for audio which can scale the freemium experience for hundreds of millions of fans and tens of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define the insights product for our business.
We are looking for an analytical and creative Technical Product Manager to work on ad serving on Megaphone. Megaphone supports Spotify’s billion dollar advertising business, as well as enterprise publishers throughout the podcasting industry, with the tools to help publishers run their direct advertising business and monetize their content through the Spotify Audience Network. Your team will be responsible for building the advertising capabilities that help podcast creators of all sizes make a living from their work.
Our mission at Spotify is to unlock the potential of human creativity—by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by it. At Megaphone, our part of that mission is to build the next generation advertising platform for podcasting which can scale the podcast listening experience for hundreds of millions of fans and thousands of publishers. This massive scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities to define the insights product for our business.
What You'll Do
- As the product lead for Ad Serving on Megaphone, you will conceptualize, build, launch and iterate on a product vision, strategy and roadmap for how the future of podcast advertising develops focused on publisher needs, streaming ad insertion, and the Spotify audience network.
- Drive execution in collaboration with your Product Engineering, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Design peers.
- Collaborate with business development, sales and other cross-functional teams in building products to support our target customers.
- Develop and own the strategy, vision, roadmap and execution for inventory forecasting & reporting.
- Work relentlessly to make sure your squad is focused on delivering the most impactful work and delivering against your success metrics. A healthy balance of innovation, support and maintenance is key for all successful teams at Spotify.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years experience in product management roles building and launching successful online products.
- You love launching products in new areas with huge ambiguity; and when faced with such a challenge, you think “let me at it!”
- Bonus points for experience in the ad tech industry - programmatic exchanges, ad serving, etc - or other real time systems.
- You have a track record of success in owning the whole product lifecycle from ideation, vision, requirements, roadmap, specifications to release, analysis and iteration.
- You love data and can extract stories from data sets.
- You relish the idea of aligning the needs of your customers and partners to move your product forward for the benefit of your customer.
- You have experience with data driven product development and knowledge of agile methodologies.
- You are an effective presenter & writer, and use these skills to influence large groups with conflicting priorities.
Where You'll Work
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.