Senior Engineering Manager - Content Platform
Engineering – Marketplace /
Do you want to help us build the content platform to support millions of creative artists and billions of their fans?
Spotify’s Content Platform is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our awesome teams in Stockholm, London.
Content Platform is a central enabler for the Spotify business. We deliver a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We provide the knowledge graph that accumulates differentiated understandings of creators, content, their attributes and their relationships. We ensure we can readily moderate and control the catalog to ensure a safe and trusted experience for consumers and to keep our platform free of infringement.
As an engineering manager at Spotify your main responsibility is to the people you support: ensuring that they are growing as engineers, delivering value to the business and generally having a great time at Spotify. As the technical leader for a Product Area your technical leadership and solid background in software development will ensure you are able to appropriately support, challenge and help grow your team members. This role will provide you with the opportunity to influence our team culture, helping teams learn as they deliver, partnering to drive our product strategy, and creating an environment that continuously improves our excellence in execution.
If that sounds exciting and you think failures are actually opportunities for us to learn then this might be the next step for you.
What you'll do
- You will build and support teams of engineers and their managers through hiring, coaching, mentoring, feedback and hands-on career development.
- Support timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Advocate and advance modern, agile software development practices and help develop and evangelize great engineering and organizational practices.
- Grow a healthy, collaborative engineering culture in line with the Spotify band manifesto.
- Be an active part of the Product Area leadership team and collaborate with other leaders in the organisation.
- You will be based in the timezone of one of our Stockholm, London or New York offices, but occasionally travel globally.
Who you are
- You love developing and growing people and have a consistent track record of growing engineering teams and leading other managers.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about software development and can demonstrate delivering value in software engineering organizations.
- You have proven experience working in an agile development environment with complicated and ambitious business requirements.
- You’re passionate about building capabilities that deliver a great, safe and trusted experience, to our internal partners and to Spotify users across the world.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about about our work from anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.