Product Manager - Playback Platform
Product – Experience /
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
Do you want to be part of the team that builds the entry point for producing audio or video content playable on our global media-streaming platform? The Media Lifecycle team provides a developer friendly interface for making audio and video content available for streaming in all Spotify clients, everywhere! We keep track of media originals, analyze them and make sure the right formats with different quality settings are crafted, and data about these files propagated to consumer-facing systems.
We are looking for a Product Manager that will join our team to drive both long term vision and short term operational work. You and your team, consisting of experienced backend developers, will work to understand the needs of internal teams and translate them into tools that optimally puts media into production, having a big impact on how our products are perceived in day-to-day usage.
What you'll do
- Define and drive overall product vision, strategy and metrics for the team.
- Work closely with the team to identify problems, opportunities and solutions that will improve the experience for our end users and allow internal teams to innovate.
- Collaborate with a team of product managers in your department as we continue to evolve our playback platform.
- Build relations with internal partners to receive input, get feedback, and keep them informed.
- Work passionately to ensure your team is focusing on the right things, balancing short versus long term needs.
Who you are
- You have experience working with agile development teams building large scale consumer products.
- You are a wonderful team leader, caring both about the physical & mental health of individuals and technical health of the team’s products.
- You demonstrate strong communication and project management skills.
- You have deep knowledge of how to build platforms for internet-scale consumer applications and how to optimize developer experiences for speed of iteration and innovation.
- You enjoy participating in sophisticated technical discussions and decision-making in the team.
- You are a curious go-getter. You can inspire change, adapt quickly and enjoy a dynamic and constantly evolving environment.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.