Senior Data Scientist - Content Platform
Data and Analytics – Marketplace /
Content Platform is a central enabler for the Spotify business. We deliver a complete, available and enriched catalog of music, podcasts, videos and more. We provide the knowledge graph that accumulates differentiated understandings of creators, content, their attributes and their relationships. We ensure we can readily moderate and control the catalog to ensure a safe and trusted experience for consumers and to keep our platform free of infringement.
We are looking for Data Scientist's to conduct analysis of our music and podcast catalogs. Your and your team’s impact will range from building our foundational understanding of what it means to build an enriched, complete audio catalog, to understanding how and when the catalog is consumed by 100+ other teams within Spotify, to identifying the causal impact of improving our catalog’s quality on key business metrics. You will collaborate closely with cross-functional colleagues and use these insights to drive product and business strategies that impact the roadmaps of product teams.
A successful candidate should love product insights and be deeply curious. You should have strong experimentation, metric & data creation, and data visualization skills as well as possess excellent communication skills to interface between technical and product teams!
Who You Are
- Extensive experience building data science solutions.
- Degree in data science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or a similar quantitative field. PhD welcome.
- You are experienced in programming in at least one language (Python, R, Matlab, etc.) and fluent in SQL. BigQuery experience is a plus.
- Experience with product analytics, including crafting success metrics, running power analyses, determining statistical significance, and presenting findings with clear product recommendations or implications.
- Experience visualizing data and/or building dashboards.
- Strong communication skills and value building strong relationships with colleagues and partners as well as the ability to explain sophisticated topics in straightforward terms.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to audiences with varied data science experience to influence real world product or feature decisions.
- Bonus points for modeling and statistical knowledge, such as forecasting, AB-testing, or statistical modeling and causal inference.
What You'll Do
- Contribute to the development of the Product Insights function and the wider analytics community at Spotify.
- Work closely with data scientists, user researchers, product managers, engineers, and others across the company who are passionate about our content catalog.
- Define the metrics we use to measure the success and health of products, and track them through dashboards.
- Design, implement and maintain ETL pipelines in SQL and Google BigQuery.
- Create insights from large sets of data that will help drive product, design decisions and business performance.
- Communicate insights and recommendations to partners across Spotify.
- Be an advocate for data-informed decision-making, making recommendations about the product performance and product experience available to the Marketplace organization.
- Create insights based on huge amounts of data using cutting edge data science tools and methodologies.
- Work with distributed teams across multiple offices and timezones.
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our work from anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Central European time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.