Data Scientist - Consumer Experience
Data and Analytics – Experience /
Delivering the best Spotify experience possible. To as many people as possible. In as many moments as possible. That’s what the Experience team is all about. We use our deep understanding of consumer expectations to enrich the lives of millions of our users all over the world, bringing the music and audio they love to the devices, apps and platforms they use every day. Know what our users want? Join us and help Spotify give it to them.
We're looking for a Data Scientist to join our Product Insights team in Gothenburg. Our cross-functional team drives strategic decision-making for Spotify’s largest and most popular features, as well as explore new ways for users to share and curate audio experiences.
What you’ll do
- Work closely with data scientists, user researchers, product managers, designers and engineers
- Develop a deep understanding of how users curate content and express themselves through audio
- Deliver compelling insights, stories and artefacts to help drive evidence-based product and design decisions
- Develop and innovate on our mixed-methods insights practice
- Establish learning agendas, measurement plans and success metrics in close coordination with contributing teams and stakeholders
- Work from our offices in Gothenburg – we offer relocation packages if you do not currently live in Sweden. (With the current situation regarding COVID-19, this role will be remote until it’s appropriate to work from the office)
Who you are
- A dedicated advocate of a user-centred, evidence-based approach to product development
- Able to deliver on loosely defined problems to assess research questions and come up with relevant answers and actionable insights to guide decisions
- Technical competence to perform advanced analytics: coding skills (such as Python, R or Scala), experience with analytics tools (Pandas, SPSS or SQL) and experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Statistical competence (such as regression modeling, A/B testing, significance testing etc)
- Familiar with qualitative research methods, utilizing data from interviews, surveys and co-creation activities to synthesise with quantitative data
- Relevant experience, with a degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, economics, psychology, market research or another quantitative discipline
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 320 million users.