User Research - Summer Internship
New York, NY /
Students – Students /
We’re looking for User Researcher Interns to #JoinTheBand this Summer. In this role, you will get to design research on our products and users and you will have an impact on the way the world listens to and experiences audio content.
What you'll do
- Define, plan, and conduct user research with Spotify users
- Deliver compelling insights to the product and design teams
- Facilitate evidence-based product and design decisions
- Contribute to company-wide research strategy
Who you are
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in HCI, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Social Science, or a related field
- You are a current junior or senior in undergrad or a first of final year Master's student
- You are a current sophomore or junior in an undergraduate program or a first year Master’s student
- You have experience planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and communicating research
- You are familiar with quantitative research methods, familiar with metrics and A/B tests, and are able to synthesize quantitative data with qualitative user research
- You are a great storyteller and communicator, able to speak fluently to business teams, designers, engineers and other stakeholders (in English)
- You enjoy collaborative work in a dynamic, data-driven, creative environment.
The Intern experience
This is your chance to help craft the way the world listens, learn more about what we do, how we do it - and why that matters. We’re looking for enthusiastic current students with a passion for audio experiences and an ambition to go far. This isn't just any internship, you’ll make an impact and play a real part in the success of Spotify, All over one unforgettable summer!
If that’s you, tell us who you are, what you care about, and where you want to go.
Our paid summer internships last for 10-13 weeks and start at the beginning of June. The last day to apply is November 22nd, 2020 at 11:59 PM, EST. You can expect the following application timeline:
Late November 2020 - Mid January 2021: Application Review
Early December 2020 - March 2021: Interviews
January 2021 - April 2021: Offers given out
June 2021: Intern program start
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.