Senior Product Manager - Speak
Product – Personalization /
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Blend to Discover Weekly, we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
The Speak product area creates voice models that match human-level emotional ability, so we can deeply engage our listeners and support creators, at scale. Our groundbreaking work on speech synthesis relies on innovative deep learning methods and evaluation techniques, highly efficient data processing, and model serving, and capturing outstanding quality audio from our voice actors.
Spotify is building the world’s most loved personalized audio service. With great power comes great responsibility, and we take that responsibility seriously. You will work cross-functionally with highly skilled engineers, researchers, data scientists, other product managers, strategic leads, and policy and legal constituents to drive the development of products that enable Spotify to understand and mitigate any potentially harmful effects of algorithmic choices on listener and creator communities. You will connect with internal and external stakeholders to translate complex questions and requirements into concrete technical solutions. In this role, you will get stuck right in and partner with the Product Director in the launch of a brand-new product due to launch early in the new year. There is a rare opportunity to directly impact the product as it goes to market.
What you'll do
- Shape, frame, and communicate your vision and strategy.
- Influence your team and cross-functional partners towards alignment and execution.
- Manage the delivery and timelines of the launch of a brand-new product to hit the market early in the new year.
- Partner closely with engineering, machine learning, research, and data to regularly ship new experiments and features.
- Combine creativity with thoughtful experimentation and iteration to find the ideas that resonate with users.
- Define metrics and KPIs used to measure the success of the features your team buildsBuild and maintain supporting documentation relating to the product and its launch.
- Champion Spotify's culture and values to make sure that your team is strong and healthy.
Where you are
- Demonstrated ability in building and shipping consumer internet alongside a team of machine learning engineers, researchers and production data teams.
- You’re not necessarily an expert, but you have strong familiarity with Machine Learning.
- You are flexible and adaptable and are able to align with the rest of the squad.
- You know how to inspire, empower, and support a team to get things done.
- You are comfortable driving projects from start to finish, with a predictable cadence, and involving multiple partners from diverse subject areas.
- You are excited about building products in a constantly evolving landscape and are good at dealing with ambiguity.
- Strong social skills, and sensitivity to the needs of a geographically-distributed team.
- A passion for the audio space and cultural equity & ImpactYou have experience running strategies for large, cross-functional projects.
- You have ideally some AI experience or interest.
- You’re a go-getter and have the ability to dive right in!
- You think innovatively and are able to articulate a vision.
- You have a strong storytelling communication style and are able to influence using this.
- You are a solution-focused problem solver.
- Your attention to detail is strong and something you take pride in!
Where you'll be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the EMEA region or in the EST in which we have a work location and is within working hours:https://lifeatspotify.com/locations
- Working hours? We operate within the GMT/CET zone for collaboration and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.