Manager, Content Communications
New York, NY /
PR & Communications – PR & Communications /
This role will work with Spotify’s Content Communications team to plan and execute publicity campaigns for Spotify original and exclusive programming. Beginning with project development, through launch and onto long term audience growth efforts — this individual will collaborate with Spotify podcast creators, internal partners, talent and their representatives every day. This job demands a creative spirit and well-organized mind for juggling and delivering on multiple campaigns across all genres at a fast pace. For this role, you are a strong writer and communicator. Experience managing overlapping show narratives, talent campaigns and trend story initiatives is also crucial.
Does the idea of brainstorming publicity pitches and concepts from the moment you first learn about a series sound fun? Have you plotted out and prioritized the rhythm of a publicity campaign while sourcing content from multiple departments and stakeholders to deliver verifiable results? Do you enjoy drafting announcements, debating just the right adjective for a positioning statement, and reading every study and trend piece on the podcast space the internet has to offer? Are you comfortable directly pitching press, researching and outlining messaging strategies, supporting awards campaigns and industry events? If so, then please keep reading.
Success in this role requires a passion for supporting creators, executives and the innovative and growing slate of audio content. You should be familiar with global Spotify business priorities and how they ladder up to company objectives, as well as how to create understanding and connectivity within the company. You also need to be familiar with different global market needs to help localize best practices. Above all, your work will affect the way that the world understands and learns about Spotify’s ongoing efforts to grow the global audio ecosystem.
What you'll do:
- Support multiple project publicity tentpole campaigns, executing in the US and helping to provide assistance for global markets with toolkits/messaging/guiding principles/collaborating on major launches and events
- Draft, contribute to media announcements surrounding new podcasts and trend stories
- Work alongside and manage multiple agencies
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key media in order to drive communication objectives and generate accurate and positive coverage
- Perpetually remain up to speed on the latest news in the entertainment, technology and podcasting space
- Help create messaging and assemble supporting research for Spotify’s key spokespeople and talent for announcements, panels and interviews
- Work closely with internal data resources to deeply understand consumer behavior and find opportunities to capitalize on that information
- Work in close coordination with our global Communications team from our offices in Los Angeles or New York
Who you are:
- 7+ years relevant communications experience in entertainment or business public relations, digital marketing, and podcast industry -- must have agency, network or studio experience
- Self-sufficient and proven ability to develop and implement strategic PR campaigns
- Creative and motivated self-starter with a hands-on attitude and diligent work ethic
- A deep love for podcasts, entertainment, music and technology
- Excellent writing, organizational and presentation skills
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a significant plus
- Strong media relationships and the ability to cultivate additional contacts in the space
- Ability to multitask and work calmly in a very fast-moving industry and environment
- Collaborative and creative individual who enjoys partnering closely across teams and departments to create and distribute the most impactful communications possible
- Strong writer, strategic thinker, and resourceful problem-solver
- Ability to balance short- and long-term priorities
- Of course, a proud representative of the Spotify brand!
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? This role can be based in New York, NY, or Los Angeles, CA, and we'll expect you to pop into the office a few days per week post-COVID.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.