Senior Product Manager - Soundtrap for Education
New York, NY /
Product – Music /
Soundtrap is a browser- and cloud-based recording studio, and part of Spotify since 2017. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using.
Soundtrap for Education is unlocking the potential of the next generation of creators. Launched in 2015, it's an award-winning platform now available to millions of students around the world, making it easier to create original music and podcasts. We’re looking for a senior product manager who will lead our Subscriber Growth team and work to improve the experience for our students and educators.
You’ll be working cross-functionally with product, engineering, research, sales, and marketing to understand key user growth and engagement metrics and build a delightful experience using data.
What you'll do:
- Lead the product vision of our Subscriber Growth team focusing on providing product-led growth insights for making our product easy to try and buy.
- Be responsible for a product vision and strategy that covers your product but also work to drive the evolution of Soundtrap for Education’s product-led growth strategy as a whole.
- Work closely with internal research and production teams to better understand their use cases and build a Product Roadmap to meet their needs. Work alongside other infrastructure PM/team members to craft an aligned and cohesive experience for our main user roles, student, teacher, and School administrator.
- Establish product metrics that reflect product success and the progress of users on the platform. Drive efforts that increase performance on these metrics and the user experience in order to provide true and measurable business outcomes.
- Be a champion of a collaborative team environment, while encouraging the team to perform at their balanced peak.
- Report to the Business unit lead
Who you are:
- 5 years or more of software product development management
- Detailed domain knowledge and experience from the Education Technology space, and/or B2B SaaS
- Experience working with diverse product teams and excel at presenting to partners across a variety of audiences internally, translating data insights into concrete product development plans, and establishing concrete goals
- Strong compassion for your product users and communicating their needs to your engineering team
- A phenomenal teammate with a proven record to work cross-functionally and establish relationships with customer teams
- An appetite for responsibility but are willing to step back and support your team to achieve success
- The ability to operate optimally and autonomously in situations of ambiguity, with only high-level direction
Where you'll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration, and you will be expected to work EST hours, no matter where you are located in the Americas region.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.