Data Scientist - Publishing Royalties
New York, NY /
Finance – Accounting /
We are looking for a Data Scientist to work with our Publishing Royalties team. You will work with large data sets to develop insights about how we calculate, report and pay publishing royalties. You will also work with our engineering teams to support the development of systems related to publishing data.
What You'll Do:
- Work in a team of highly motivated data analysts / scientists leveraging large data sets to solve complex problems in a dynamic environment
- Work with accounting team members to define requirements for ad-hoc data analysis and reporting, being able to work independently to propose solutions to address business needs
- Work with our engineers and data scientists to support the development of system and process enhancements to support royalties calculations, product configuration and reporting
- Supportad-hoc requests from various internal teams (Accounting, Legal, Licensing, Financial Planning, etc) as well as external music licensors that require analysis of royalties and streaming data
- Communicate with external licensors to ensure Spotify receives high quality data for our claims and analytics platform
- Support the delivery of configuration changes, testing and deployment for new product offerings and contractual requirements in our royalties and reporting systems
Who You Are:
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience solving business problems using analytic tools
- You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills and the ability to prioritize and deliver results in a fast-moving company with a wide variety of strategic initiatives
- You have experience working with financial data and/or performing data reconciliations and quality assurance testing
- You have experience in the data extract, transform and load process including data cleansing and quality review
- You have a degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science or another quantitative discipline
- You have experience withWe are looking for a Data Scientist to work with our Publishing Royalties team. You will work with large data sets to develop insights about how we calculate, report and pay publishing royalties. You will also work with our engineering teams to support the development of systems related to publishing data. SQL, Python/Pandas, Big Query/Google Cloud Platorm, Tableau or other visualization tools and command line operations skills
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 345 million users.