Data Engineer for the Soundtrap hub
Soundtrap – Soundtrap
Soundtrap is a collaborative, browser- and cloud-based recording studio. As of November 2017, we are a part of the Spotify family. Our mission is to enable music and podcast creation for everyone, no matter where in the world you are or what device you are using. We’re a unit within Spotify, small enough to move fast and make our own decisions, but with all the technical resources that we need from the larger company.
The Soundtrap Product insights team supports the whole company with product related insights, and has a crucial role in strategic decision making when it comes to which direction the Soundtrap product should go.
The team consists of two Data engineers, 2 Data scientists and a User researcher combining both Qualitative and Quantitative data to form actionable insights. The team is newly formed and is on an exciting journey forming and harnessing the way insights and data can take Soundtrap to the next level!
What you'll do
- You will take on complex data-related problems and work with datasets related to user behaviours, different funnels and foundational datasets related to revenue, subscriptions etc.
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like DataFlow with Scio and the Google Cloud Platform.
- You will work with smaller and larger data initiatives mainly enabling a better understanding of our users and how they use our product
- Use best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other software engineers, Data scientists and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably incloud environments and their ‘big data’ related technologies.
- You know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java or Scala.
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You appreciate agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- You understand the value of partnership within teams.
- You communicate clearly and can explain your ideas in a structured way
- You value the prosperity of the team as a whole over your personal agenda
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 258 million users.