Intern, "Reply All"
New York, NY /
Gimlet – Gimlet /
Reply All is a bi-weekly podcast. We report true, surprising stories about the internet. You can listen to a recent episode here or listen to our archives.
We need an intern. That person could be you. Here’s what we’re looking for: someone who is ready to work hard. Someone who enjoys thinking about what makes stories compelling, and how to reorganize them to make them stronger. You should thrive when collaborating. If you have experience with podcasting, digital audio editing, or radio journalism, that’s great too!
You will be an essential part of the Reply All show team.
What You'll Do
- Transcribe a LOT of interviews
- Upload countless files
- Pitch stories
- Participate in group edits
- Find + book guests
- Dig up facts
- Help us make the best stories we can
Who You Are
- Lover of collaboration
- Someone with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects
- Determined to find the fact, book the guest, or get the answer
- Possess the desire to make great stories
- College degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Passionate about the show and Gimlet is a strong plus
This is a paid, full-time internship. We will be considering applications for spring (January-May) and summer (May-September) interns.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter as well as answers to the questions below.
This posting will close at 5pm ET on Monday, October 5.
Additional Questions (Please keep your answers to one paragraph each):
1. Tell us about your favorite moment from a podcast you recently listened to.
2. Pitch us one story about the internet. Tell us the story the way you’d tell it to a friend. Tell us who you would want to interview for the story, and tell us why it’s interesting to you.
3. What's something you watched, read, or heard recently that could have/should have been amazing, that came so close, but for one big problem? Tell us the problem and how you’d change it.
4. Which internship you would like to be considered for (spring or summer 2021)? Or would you like to be considered for both?
You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be brilliant. So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It's in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the opportunity to enjoy and be inspired by these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 299 million users.